2014 National Convention Information
The 2014 National Convention will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday, August 20, 2014 thru Thursday, August 28, 2014. Most Legion events will be at the Charlotte Convention Center. There are many things to do in Charlotte and the Convention organizers have arranged for several excursions in the local area.
Additionally, there are workshops throughout the week in addition to general sessions and committee meetings. The complete Schedule of Events can be found on the National website at http://www.legion.org/convention/resources.
Be sure and register (call Marlene for information at (502) 587-1414). Cost is $25. You will receive a packet from the Adjutant when you arrive which will include your credentials. Your name tag will be required to be displayed when entering any meetings or functions.
The Host hotel for Kentucky Delegates and attendees is the Omni Charlotte.
Tuesday morning the National Convention officially opens at 8:00 A.M. in the convention center. You do not want to miss the opening sessions. The official convention sessions will cover Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Official speaker schedule will be available around the first of August.
Key Events include:
- American legion Riders Meeting -- Friday, August 22nd at 9:00 am--11:00 am
- National Convention Parade -- Sunday, August 24th at 4:00 pm --6:30 pm Questions about parade contact/see KY Parade Chairman Bill Moore (270) 299-5037.
- American Legion General Sessions:
- Tuesday, August 26th 8:00 am -- 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 27th at 9:00 am -- 3:00 pm
- Thursday, August 28th at 9:00 am -- 12:30 pm
- Southern Caucus Breakfast -- Wednesday, August 27th at 7:00 am -- 8:45 am (additional cost)
- Be sure to visit emblem sales and the exhibit hall while attending. Great place to purchase souvenirs.
Should you have questions please give us a call at the office
(502) 587-1414 and we will try to help you any way we can.